Connect with us

Latest

After Losing APC Ticket, ChiefPriest Reveals Where He Stands With Tinubu

Published

on

Popular Nigerian businessman and socialite Pascal Okechukwu, popularly known as ChiefPriest, has denied claims that he lost the All Progressives Congress House of Representatives primary election for the Orsu/Orlu/Oru East Federal Constituency of Imo State.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

ChiefPriest made the clarification in a statement posted on his Instagram page on Sunday, contradicting an earlier viral video in which he lamented that only 14 delegates voted for him and said his only regret was “trusting the elders in the community.”

According to him, he never took part in the primary election after the party leadership adopted a zoning arrangement for the constituency.

He explained that the decision of the party was communicated to him in the early hours of Saturday before the exercise, adding that he deliberately stayed away from the venue.

ChiefPriest also maintained that his support for President Bola Tinubu and the President’s reelection bid in 2027 remains strong and unwavering.

In the statement, he disclosed that after consultations with Imo State Governor Hope Uzodinma, the governor explained the party’s zoning arrangement within the federal constituency.

According to ChiefPriest, Uzodinma argued that Orlu Local Government Area should complete at least two terms before the seat rotates to another local government area.

He added that the governor also pointed out that his own local government had previously produced a lawmaker, Jerry Alagboso, who served three terms in the House of Representatives.

ChiefPriest said he respected the party’s position despite expressing concerns about the performance of the current occupant of the seat.

He stated that after the consultations, the party adopted its zoning formula and selected preferred aspirants to proceed with the primary election.

“In respect for the party and its leadership, I chose not to proceed to the field, and indeed, I never did. Nobody will say they saw me anywhere around the primaries venue. In fact, I did not participate,” he said.

The socialite described attempts to portray him as having lost the primary as unnecessary propaganda driven by people seeking online attention.

He further stressed that he owes no one over his political ambition, insisting that his aspiration was motivated by a personal desire to serve his constituency.

ChiefPriest also said he had no regrets about raising political awareness and participation within the constituency ahead of the primaries.

Reaffirming his loyalty to the APC, he urged supporters of the City Boy Movement to remain calm, focused and committed to the party.

“The APC remains my party, today and always. I remain loyal and committed to the ideals and leadership of our great party. And on the Asiwaju mandate, we stand firmly and unapologetically,” he stated.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *