Connect with us

Latest

BREAKING: JAMB Releases Withheld UTME Results, Candidates Rush To Check Scores

Published

on

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released 279 previously withheld results from the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), following the conclusion of investigations into alleged examination malpractice.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

This was contained in a statement on Thursday by the board’s Public Communication Advisor, Dr. Fabian Benjamin.

Benjamin said the newly released results are part of an earlier batch of results that were temporarily withheld for scrutiny.

He explained that the decision came after investigations found no prima facie evidence linking the affected candidates to any form of malpractice.

However, he noted that some other results were cancelled after evidence confirmed the involvement of certain candidates in examination misconduct.

According to him, JAMB will continue reviewing all cases connected to suspected malpractice and will apply appropriate sanctions where necessary.

He added that results from examination centres flagged for suspicious activities during live monitoring remain on hold until investigations are completed.

The board also said centres with adverse reports during the UTME will undergo further scrutiny before results are released.

Benjamin stressed that only candidates cleared of wrongdoing will have their results made available.

He warned that any candidate found guilty after final investigations will have their results cancelled.

Candidates who are yet to access their results were advised to check their status through the official result-checking channels.

According to JAMB, candidates can send “UTMERESULT” to 55019 or 66019 using the phone number used during registration to view their scores.

The board said the ongoing review process is part of efforts to maintain the integrity of the UTME and ensure fairness in the examination system.

Meanwhile, President Bola Tinubu has approved the appointment of Professor Segun Aina as the new Registrar of JAMB, following the upcoming completion of Professor Is-haq Oloyede’s tenure on July 31, 2026.

The announcement was made in a statement by the Special Adviser to the President on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga.

Tinubu expressed confidence that Aina will bring his academic and technical expertise to further strengthen JAMB’s operations and improve its efficiency.

Aina, a systems expert with experience in national examination administration and digital infrastructure, is expected to assume office after Oloyede’s exit.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *