Connect with us

Latest

Let Nigerians Decide” — Peter Obi Reacts To Goodluck Jonathan’s Possible Comeback

Published

on

Presidential aspirant of the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC), Peter Obi, has dismissed speculations that former President Goodluck Jonathan could pose a threat to his 2027 presidential ambition.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Reacting to reports suggesting Jonathan may join the 2027 presidential race under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Obi said he was not bothered about who decides to contest against him.

Obi made the remarks on Tuesday after participating in the NDC presidential screening exercise in Abuja, which reportedly lasted for more than two hours.

He said, “Actually, I’m not aware of that. But democracy is about people offering themselves for service and being voted for.

“I’m not in any way going around looking for who and who is contesting. I’m concentrating on how to build a better Nigeria.”

The former Labour Party presidential candidate said his major focus remains national unity, security, economic recovery, and the fight against corruption.

According to him, Nigeria must first become more united through adherence to constitutional principles such as federal character and inclusiveness.

He added that the country also needs improved security so citizens can move freely and parents no longer fear for the safety of their children.

“We want to see where mothers can no longer fear when their children go to school or work. We also want to know where we can travel all over Nigeria without fear,” Obi stated.

Speaking on the lengthy screening process, Obi described the exercise as “democracy in action,” saying it reflected the party’s commitment to transparency, due process, and accountability.

He explained that the screening was designed to verify constitutional qualifications, submitted documents, and the commitment of aspirants to building a united, secure, and prosperous Nigeria.

Obi also denied reports claiming he had already emerged as the NDC’s consensus presidential candidate following alleged consultations with party leaders.

According to him, the party had only recently opened the sale of expression of interest and nomination forms, making it too early to declare any consensus arrangement.

“The party just opened up their expression of interest and nomination forms for people to buy. So there is no consensus yet,” he said.

He added that although he had purchased the forms, he was unaware of other aspirants who may have also entered the race.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *