Connect with us

Latest

God Is My Witness, Tinubu Saved Nigeria’ – Bwala Makes Bold Claim

Published

on

President Bola Tinubu’s Special Adviser on Media and Policy Communication, Daniel Bwala, has praised the administration’s efforts in tackling insurgency and other security challenges across the country.

Bwala argued that Nigeria could have been overwhelmed by terrorist groups if not for the Tinubu administration’s reforms, security interventions and collaboration with international partners.

He said the country’s security situation has been further complicated by the growing presence and movement of terrorist groups across the Sahel region, creating additional threats to Nigeria, particularly along its northern borders.

The presidential aide made the remarks on Thursday during an exclusive interview with Eagle 102.5 FM, Ilese-Ijebu, Abeokuta.

According to Bwala, the spread of terrorist organisations across the Sahel has created a wider regional security challenge, requiring a coordinated response involving domestic security measures, military operations and international cooperation.

‘Nigeria Would Have Become a Sorry State’

Bwala said the situation could have been significantly worse without the interventions introduced by the Tinubu administration.

He said:

“Let me be very honest with you, my brother, and your listeners. The God of heaven that we serve is a witness. Were it not for the various intervention of Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Nigeria would have become a sorry state security-wise.”

The presidential aide explained that the movement of terrorist factions across the Sahel had increased pressure on Nigeria’s security architecture, as armed groups sought to expand their activities into other parts of the country.

He noted that the region has witnessed the presence of various insurgent and terrorist groups, making the security situation a broader regional concern.

Bwala said the Tinubu administration’s response, including cooperation with international partners and the deployment of Nigerian security agencies, had helped contain the threat.

He added:

“Now, when you have this ISIS at our navel, if not because of the resoluteness of this government, Nigeria would have been overrun.”

While acknowledging that insecurity remains a serious concern in some local government areas, Bwala maintained that the overall security situation had improved sufficiently to enable government institutions to operate more effectively in areas previously heavily affected by terrorist activities.

He said the continued occurrence of attacks remains troubling but argued that the government’s performance should also be assessed based on its counter-terrorism efforts and the ability of security forces to prevent armed groups from taking control of larger territories.

Bwala, however, said the Federal Government cannot bear sole responsibility for tackling insecurity across the country.

He urged state and local governments to take a more active role by supporting security agencies and addressing threats within their respective jurisdictions.

According to him, governors should work closely with security agencies because the Federal Government cannot be expected to respond effectively to every security incident occurring at the local level.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *