Connect with us

Latest

Tragedy In Abuja: NSCDC Officer Gunned Down Inside Hotel

Published

on

A personnel of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), DSP Adama Adekunle Emmanuel, has been shot dead by a colleague under unclear circumstances in the Life Camp area of Abuja.

The incident reportedly occurred on the morning of Sunday, August 31, at a hotel where the late officer was said to have been on official assignment.

According to Daily Trust, the widow of the deceased, Titilayo Adams, alleged foul play, arguing that the gunshot wounds on her husband’s body did not suggest an accident.

“From his body, we can clearly see gunshot injuries on his shoulders. Nothing points to an accidental discharge. They want to cover up what really happened,” she claimed.

She further disclosed that the body was taken to Maitama General Hospital without the family’s knowledge or consent.

Adams explained that her husband had been attached to a politician in Life Camp and left home on Sunday morning, promising to return later that day. However, the family only learned of his death that afternoon when a colleague, identified simply as Emmanuel, came to inform them.

“After church service, his colleague told us he mistakenly shot himself multiple times, leading to his death. But we also heard that Emmanuel wasn’t even at the scene — he was only called and told about it,” she said.

The widow lamented the conflicting accounts surrounding her husband’s death.

“We’ve heard three different versions: one, that it was accidental discharge while fixing his rifle; two, that it was friendly fire; and three, that he fired into the air and the bullet bounced back. Which is the truth?” she queried.

She also accused the NSCDC of silence, saying the family has not received any official briefing.

“They promised to come and see us, but up till now, nobody has contacted us. My husband’s death remains mysterious,” she added.

Expressing the family’s plight, Adams appealed for justice and support.

“He left behind aged parents, two children who just resumed school, and our rent has expired. I have no job to care for the kids. All I want is justice for my husband, and for the authorities to take responsibility for his burial,” she pleaded.

When contacted, the FCT Police Command PRO, Josephine Adeh, said:

“I will call for confirmation and details, then get back to you please.”

As of press time, no further official statement has been released.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *