Connect with us

Latest

Witness Reveals Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Scam Linked To Victor Thompson

Published

on

Fresh revelations emerged on Wednesday during the trial of Victor Ekpong Thompson, as a prosecution witness narrated before the Federal High Court in Uyo how the defendant allegedly forged a mining licence and used it to secure over $525,000 from investors in the United States.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

The matter, presided over by Justice Maurine Adaobi Onyetenu, involves allegations bordering on conspiracy, advance fee fraud, criminal breach of trust, misappropriation and stealing.

Michael Eyo, who testified as the second prosecution witness, told the court that Thompson tricked him into presenting the original copy of his mining licence under the pretext of verifying its authenticity.

Eyo explained that the defendant secretly took photographs of the licence and later used it to convince foreign investors that the document belonged to him.

“The fraudster asked me to bring the originals of my licence to verify the authenticity. Thereafter, he snapped the licence not knowing that he was doing it to forge and convince the investors,” Eyo told the court.

He further stated that he owns a mining site located in Biase Local Government Area of Cross River State.

According to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Thompson allegedly obtained $525,276 from American investors, including Tammy Jensen, Kenneth Blad and Peter Jensen, through supposed investments in mining operations and a proposed Deep Sea Port project.

One of the charges alleged that between January and June 2025, Thompson fraudulently collected $123,030 from the investors under the guise of funding mineral resource ventures and a Deep Sea Port business.

The defendant, who was arraigned on January 29, 2026, pleaded not guilty to the eight-count charge.

During proceedings, defence counsel Madu Uwem Amamko appealed to the court to grant Thompson bail on medical grounds. However, prosecuting counsel Joshua Abolarin opposed the request, arguing that there was no proof the defendant’s health condition posed any significant danger.

After listening to both parties, Justice Onyetenu adjourned ruling on the bail application until June 8, 2026.

Earlier in the trial, one of the alleged victims, Tammy Jensen, told the court that she first met Thompson on Facebook in August 2022 after he introduced himself as a precious stones dealer.

She alleged that Thompson persuaded her and other investors to finance a mining operation under Arch Royale Projects Limited in Iwuru Community, Cross River State, before later introducing a Deep Sea Port investment in Akwa Ibom State with promises of massive profits.

Jensen stated that between 2023 and 2025, investors transferred a total of $525,276 into Thompson’s accounts through Wells Fargo Bank, Chase Bank and WorldRemit.

Investigators said suspicions arose after Jensen travelled to Nigeria in June 2025 and reportedly discovered inconsistencies surrounding the projects.

The EFCC also alleged that a significant portion of the funds was diverted for personal use, with assets traced to Thompson including a duplex in Shelter Afrique Estate, Uyo, a Toyota Hilux and a grey Lexus RX350.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *